Banky W is known in Nigeria as the King of R&B. He is a New York based singer who uprooted years ago to find opportunities in Nigeria with his music career. Lucky for him, it worked out. He established a music label in the country called EME, gained notoriety within and outside Nigeria to other African countries and also signed some young acts to his label. The young acts especially Wizkid helped Banky’s EME label become a household name in the country. Through it all, we have never really seen Banky stray from R&B music, until in recent times.
Check him out. What are your thoughts?
NOTE: ‘E To Beh’ is a statement in the Nigerian Yoruba language that essentially dares another, usually in hostile situations to follow through with a proclaimed threat. It can also be used in a friendly manner i.e. playing with friends and daring them to take a competition to the next level.
Cool DJ Jimmy Jatt has released the video to his track, ‘E to Beh’. The single is from his latest album – The Industry volume 1.
‘E To Beh’, named after the popular Yoruba expression – meaning unstoppable – was shot in Lagos and directed by the maestro short film director, Clarence Peters and produced by MasterKraft.
Teaming up with him on this track, with racy punch-lines and witty innuendoes are two of the industry’s finest – Banky W (“Mr Capable” himself) and fast rising eastern rapper Phyno – Fino in all the glory of his South Eastern swag.
The video was shot with a 90s retro hip-hop cultured background, and opens with an intro from the renowned DJ, himself – Cool DJ Jimmy Jatt.
*Warning: Strong language used*
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku