Life happens, doesn’t it? Watch D’Banj spill on his split with Mo’Hits and the effect on him. He says he was aware it would end six months before the public got wind of the issues within the Mo’Hits camp. He says the split was the basis for his exodus overseas where he kept a low profile and took a vacation. Most importantly, he says he has grown as a man from the business “divorce.” This is all in part 2, so you can skip part 1 and get to it, if you are pressed for time. Part I discussed his recent signing with Sony Africa.
I have addressed many of the legal issues that artists should be aware when setting up record labels whether under partnership deals or any other legal entity chosen.
You can revisit my discussion here.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company