Kanye West, mennnh, I don’t even know what to say. Have you all ever met people who go through trauma in their lives? For those who do not take the time to grieve, it is like they transfer that stored deeply intense emotion of love, loss, loneliness and sadness to something else and react in such intensely emotional way. They could transfer these buried emotions to logic, religion, politics, art, music, fashion, environment etc. Either way, they become extreme, condemn everyone else and can’t seem to get past the state of mind they are in.
They irritate us but we are patient and for some we even feel empathy. I think that is what is going on with Kanye. He has gone through some major trauma. He is yet to take a break to grieve the loss of his mother and he just keeps flipping out because he cannot seem to control or regulate his emotions. Worse, his self absorption knows no limits and is amplified in a me/us against them mindset. This is sad to watch and I hope he gets help.
He does have many valid points with his new found understanding and experience but his delivery needs to be edited for the message to get to us all. That will take time and patience and I am not so sure many have it in them to deal with him. This is it from me folks. I will catch you all on Friday.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING IN ADVANCE AND ENJOY THANKSGIVING WITH YOUR LOVED ONES.
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up