Jill Scott recently made an appearance on Power 105.1 The Breakfast Club and she had a lot to say about both the business of music and Africa. She says one of the biggest misconceptions many in the West have about Africa is that there is poverty everywhere. She also discusses her career, the need for artists to just “be in the room,” even if they are not as famous or popular. She also sheds light on her relationships. I cosign.
AML artists, it is worth watching.
Check on it.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives