Jill Scott recently made an appearance on Power 105.1 The Breakfast Club and she had a lot to say about both the business of music and Africa. She says one of the biggest misconceptions many in the West have about Africa is that there is poverty everywhere. She also discusses her career, the need for artists to just “be in the room,” even if they are not as famous or popular. She also sheds light on her relationships. I cosign.
AML artists, it is worth watching.
Check on it.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”