I really have nothing to say on this recently released video where K-Solo allegedly “clears” the air. According to him, the issue of his alleged severe beatings of his wife is a “family issue.” You don’t say K-solo?
AML people, battery and assault on your spouse is NOT a “family issue.” It is a crime which makes it a state issue. However, the wife has not filed a police report or even pushed the state prosecutor to file charges. So, really, life goes on with more brutality against women and women being a part of the problem by not outing their batterers. I’mma leave that news for now and circle back as these kinds of things continue to get exposed to the public. Obviously, there are psychological issues and fears that imprison these victims, among other issues and resources, to discuss where domestic violence is concerned.
NOTE: If you are a Nigerian male artist living in Yankee, you best to fall back on that mess. It ain’t no “family issue” and your behind will be sitting pretty locked up in a jailhouse and wondering how you disgraced your family name in another man’s land. Among our young people here, domestic violence with girlfriends is on the rise. Our young people are getting locked up. What your pops did to your mama is not applicable in today’s day and age. Do fall back, really.
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’