It looks like it is going to be a rather interesting week in the entertainment industry. Let’s wait and see, then again maybe not. Happy New Week.
Watch 9ice declare war on bloggers who post his songs without his permission. He says they cannot criticize him for free and expect to also upload his songs for free.
He also takes on Linda Ikeji. “Linda Ikeji, who is she?” he responds when he is asked about her position that artists need to pay for marketing and promotions on her blog.
Are you a blogger? What are your thoughts on 9ice’s statements?
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo
- AML 147: Meet Temi Adeniji, MD Warner Music South Africa & SVP, Strategy, Sub-Saharan Africa
- AML 146: Women in “Afrobeats” Music – Eva Alordiah, Weird MC, Joy Tongo
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry