I was just asking this philosophical question in my Sinzu post. Does it make sense to move back home if you are in the diaspora? What do I know, talk show host Vickie Remoe who left New York four years ago to return to Sierra Leone, breaks down her experience. She just returned to New York. The issues she raises I am sure are parallel in most African countries including in Nigeria and Ghana.
“This is a personal video reflection on some issues from the time I spent in Sierra Leone. My thoughts range from daily frustrations, relationships with men and women, lack of opportunities for the youth, the expatriate and Lebanese communities, dating, NGOs, entrepreneurship and more. For all those of you thinking of moving back to Sierra Leone here are some things you need to know before you go.”
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives