In a recent video interview with MTV Base Africa, Paul Okoye the other half of P-square addressed the ongoing dispute with his business partners and bandmates (Jude and Peter Okoye). Paul explained that there was a lot going on internally. Nevertheless, he says the problem is a “family problem and when we are done we will let you know.” He explained that he decided to launch his own music company because the bureaucracies of his company’s board room tended to dim the creativity within him. He says he needed an outlet to express himself and to do so independently. Paul also addressed how he scouted his talents, the industry in general, music distribution in Africa, Davido signing with Sony and his view on where the industry is headed. Watch the video below.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company