Folks, Industry, watch this interview. Pay careful attention to the part where DJ Edu talks about the challenge of playing African music on BBC and the need for musicians, labels and promoters to cultivate relationships with DJs.
“Factory78tv studio had a visit by one of the people responsible for presenting the different African music genres to the mainstream audience in the UK. DJ Edu talks to Adesope about his popular radio programme “Destination Africa” and recently aired audio documentary “the rise of Afrobeats” on BBC 1xtra. Watch the radio presenter/Dj’s entire interview right here.”
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”