It’s official. P-Square and their only signee on Square Records are so over. The duo, their representatives, or IROKO’s must have read AML because as of today, May-D’s IROKO official music channel is now deleted i.e. gone with the wind, http://www.youtube.com/officialmayd . It will be interesting to see if IROKO directly negotiates a new deal with May D.
P-Square is currently on tour in the UK. During the tour, at a press conference, they are asked about the recent split with May D. They blame it on management issues. *Sigh.* I think P-Square up to this point have been fortunate to escape full blown shut it down kind of legal liability. However, I see this in the horizons given many of their actions in the business of music with third parties. They are also the perfect defendants because of their “deep pockets” i.e. they have lots of money. As they continue their international collaborations and local work, it is only inevitable.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company