I don’t think there is much to say beyond what the headline in my post has said. Can any of you point to any music video coming out of Nigeria in recent times that has pushed the envelope the way Olamide has in the video below? Beautiful work by the video director Matt Max. Equally beautiful work by whomever did the editing. Great story telling and indeed this ought to be how hard we push ourselves in expecting nothing short of the best from the industry.
I wish this song had even more English lyrics for a big push in the Western markets.
By the way, Olamide disses Wizkid in his song saying he does not have a voice like Wizkid. Olamide was that necessary? Sing/rap in your lane and let someone else sing/rap in their lane.
Warning: Mild used of strong language. Click at your own discretion.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives