I was literally walking into the courtroom last week when I received a call from Aljazeera for an interview. A Ladybrille reader who was actually featured on Ladybrille, in the past, made the recommendation. Before you know it, all arrangements were made and we were ready to go. I truly have the best of the best audiences on my platforms (Ladybrille, Fashionentlaw.com and Africamusiclaw.com). Thank you.
Topic: “Reshaping Beauty” and yes I found a way to include Nigeria’s Music Industry. LOL!
“They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but based on Western media portrayals a beautiful woman is usually 180 centimetres and weighs 50 kilograms. As women and men on the covers of magazines become thinner, eating disorders become bigger. So, do you associate being overweight with being ugly? And does this standard dictate non-Western perceptions of the ideal body?”
Have a good Tuesday.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”