Industry, AML people, hello hello. As a reminder, if you send me an email and I am unresponsive, please do send a reminder again. As you can imagine, I have a very full schedule and it has been particularly hectic the past few weeks. So bear with me. This message is intended for AML music executives and event organizers who have solicited me for various matters within this past two weeks. I promise, I will get to you. Thanks.
Okay. So, let’s get on with the focus of this post. There is someone I know who likes to ask “what does it mean?,” in response to statements made where he deems people are “talking gibberish.” You should see the look on his face when he says this. Priceless.
I will take a cue from him and ask Wizkid, “what does it mean” when you say “we are still cool. EME is still family?” We are talking business here and you are saying you are “still cool” and you are still “family.” What does that mean?? Reference Drake v. Weeknd Breakup, the recent article by AML Intern Ms. Udeme Uwan, and you know that answer is not enough.
Wizkid was, in an interview by Yvonne “Vixen” Ekwere, asked what the deal was with EME. His response was a bunch of “ngbati ngbati.”
EME, Wizkid, will you both MOVE on already? Yes/No?
This two should get it over with already, whatever it is they are doing.
Watch the clip below where TV Presenter/host Yvonne Ekwere (an amazing fashion-forward personality by the way).
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society