Wizkid is in the USA hobnobbing with American celebrities courtesy Akon et al. There is a rhyme and reason to the hobnobbing and he explains it in the video below when he makes appearance on Diddy’s REVLOT TV.
Two artists to pay close attention to in terms of business strategy and alignment to penetrate into the US mainstream market: Wizkid and 2Face Idibia. I like what I am seeing on the 2Face end. It is very strategic.
Check out all the celebs Wizzy has been hobnobbing with and also CLICK the link below to watch the clip where he explains his goal here in the USA.
Ms. Uduak TIP: It’s all good and dandy AML artists to come to the USA and try to bridge the gap, if you will, with our American artists here. BUT, do be very careful about who you kick it with and make it only about business, at least for now. Breezy, Tyga, Justin Bieber are all magnets for the Popo (Police) and trouble right now.
If something goes down and you are Wizzy kicking it with this crew, “it ain’t finna be funny” if the popo gets to arresting fellas and you are there. So, be about the business of music from studios to board rooms, get the work done, then keep it moving.
If all fails and stuff hits the fan, get a pretty good criminal defense lawyer.
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo