Hey folks, yours truly decided to use the opportunity, while in Los Angeles for Grammy Week, to grab an interview for you all with the highly respected Music/Entertainment lawyer Don Passman. If you are in the music industry and you do not own Don Passman’s “All You Need to Know About the Music Business,’ you probably should go buy a copy, like yesterday. It is a good book and a great starting point, especially for emerging artists.
I hope you all enjoy the video. It is short, sweet and to the point, if I may say so myself. I have also added a video clip so you appreciate the rock star lawyer that he is.
Happy Friday! It’s been hectic for me, travels et. al included, but I promise to return refreshed next Monday.
Stay blessed people.
Fashion & Entertainment Law Attorney, Journalist & Founder of AFRICAMUSICLAW.com, Ms. Uduak Oduok, covers the Grammy Foundation’s 16th Annual Entertainment Law Initiative (ELI).
The event honoring respected Hollywood Entertainment Lawyer Don Passman was held at the Beverly Hotels in Beverly Hills California. Passman was presented with the ELI Service Award. The event also honored ELI competition winners and included a key note address from Robert Kyncl, Head of Content & Business Operations at You Tube.
For more information, please visit www.africamusiclaw.com and www.grammy.org.
Don Passman at ASCAP Event on Nuts and Bolts of the Industry
(L-R) ELI executive chair Ron Wilcox, attorney Don Passman and CEO/President of the Recording Academy Neil Portnow attend The GRAMMY Foundation’s 16th annual entertainment law initiative luncheon & scholarship presentation at Beverly Hills Hotel on January 24, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California.
(David Buchan/Getty Images North America)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company