This story is hard to believe but for the photos evidencing the sale. TMZ reports that Mathew Knowles, Beyonce’s father, is selling her souvenirs and that of her sister Solange in a massive garage sale “to make ends meet.” Items range from $1.96 to $200.00.
These items have major sentimental value as they chronicle the history of Beyonce’s break into the music industry and her hard work to get to where she is. Yet, they are on display in a garage sale for the highest bidder.
Who remembers when Kobe Bryant’s mother did the same thing? Kobe sued his mom. They did finally settle out of court.
AML people, I’d like to hear your thoughts. What in your opinion went wrong? Should Beyonce help her father financially?
“Beyonce’s dad is trying to make ends meet by unloading tons of her souvenirs from her career in a massive garage sale — which also features Solange stuff … in the bargain bin.
As we’ve told you … Mathew Knowles is having baby mama troubles — which might explain why he started selling off some Bey treasures outside his office in Houston last Friday.
As of Monday, there were plenty of items available … including a giant Beyonce poster for $200, old tour books for $20, and various pieces of House of Dereon clothing. On a budget? You can find a Solange CD for $1.96.
TMZ has the full story.
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!