Wizkid announced this week on the Beat 99.9 FM with Toolz that he has a collaboration with Rihanna, while Jermaine Jackson is in Nigeria for a collaboration with P-Square. Interesting on the Jermaine Jackson collabo. When was the last time Jermaine released a track? Can he still hold water in mainstream? Not sure I get this collabo move, but I suppose time will tell.
By the way, artists, in The Africa Music Law Podcast Show Ep.11 with Mark Redguard, we discussed what it really means with the collaborations we see by Nigerian/African artists with their American counterparts. Listen (start at the 30:00 mark) after the tweet pics.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”