Wizkid announced this week on the Beat 99.9 FM with Toolz that he has a collaboration with Rihanna, while Jermaine Jackson is in Nigeria for a collaboration with P-Square. Interesting on the Jermaine Jackson collabo. When was the last time Jermaine released a track? Can he still hold water in mainstream? Not sure I get this collabo move, but I suppose time will tell.
By the way, artists, in The Africa Music Law Podcast Show Ep.11 with Mark Redguard, we discussed what it really means with the collaborations we see by Nigerian/African artists with their American counterparts. Listen (start at the 30:00 mark) after the tweet pics.
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry