1. Wizkid has a contract.
2. That contract has not expired.
3. Wizkid is stuck with the terms.
4. If the allegations are indeed true that he has a seven (7) album contract deal with EME, then it is a terrible contract that can have him stuck for a very long time.
5. Wizkid has two options. Stay and hope you can renegotiate your contract or walk away and risk getting sued and black listed by industry heads loyal to the EME brand.
6. Banky W can drown out the Wizkid noise by doubling his efforts on his R &BW album. He is uniquely situated as a successful artist in his own right to do so.
7. Banky W is hurt and every thing about his conduct towards Wizkid shows it.
Wizkid, for the R &BW album launch held yesterday, showed a good faith effort by attending the concert with his girlfriend. Reports are that he came two hours late and left early and that his efforts were “snubbed” by Banky W. What were people/the media expecting? A big bear hug? People need time to sort things out. Plus, yesterday was not about Wizkid. It was about Banky W as an organizer and performing artist at his event.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”