A few hours ago, Wizkid took to his twitter account to announce the cancellation of his ‘Starboy homecoming concert’ which was to hold at the Eko Convention Centre in Lagos on December 30th, 2016.
“I’ve been on the road for 2 years touring and doing what (I) love without a break,” tweeted the Ojuelegba crooner. “And now its all catching up on me.”
Wizkid also announced that his doctors have advised that he cancel the rest of his shows for January 2017. This health issue, based on his tweet, may explain his controversial cancellation of a concert, just last week, in Uganda.
Nevertheless, from his feature with Drake on the ‘One Dance’ track off Drake’s ‘Views’ album which is up for a Grammy, to topping billboard charts, winning awards, touring and promoting, signing a record deal with Sony, and performing in front of almost 15,000 people at the One Africa Music festival New York, 2016 has been a very busy and successful year for Wizkid.
Now it’s time to get his health in order.
Wishing him a speedy recovery.
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’