Rolling Stone, America’s leading bi-weekly music magazine that focuses on pop culture, has bestowed the ultimate flattery this 2014 on Nigerian musician Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun popularly known as Wizkid. The leading music industry publication lists Wizkid’s ‘Ayo’ album as one of fifteen great albums you did not hear in 2014. I guess that puts all the statements about Wizkid no longer making great music to rest.
‘Ayo’ is Wizkid’s sophomore (second studio) album which was released on September 17, 2014 under his Starboy Entertainment Record label and Banky W’s Empire Mates Entertainment. Wizkid released his freshman album in 2011 titled ‘Superstar.’
Great publicity and promotion for Wizkid and EME who both, needless to say, should benefit from album sales and accompanying royalties.
“After releasing his breakthrough Superstar LP in 2011, Nigerian rapper Wizkid prepped its follow-up with three years of irresistible features and unstoppable club bangers. Arriving in September, Ayo placed the biggest of the latter alongside new tracks that grab slang from Jamaica and salute women with a “bum bum bigger than Bombay.” Throughout, the 24-year-old uses deft, nimble flows to glide over complex beats and he writes hooks that will keep you humming for weeks. As British-Ghanaian rapper Fuse ODG says in the title of his debut LP, another excellent 2014 release, T.I.N.A: This is new Africa.
Rolling Stone has the full story.
Music Videos Promoting ‘Ayo’ Album
Show You the Money – Almost 3million views (Released July 2014)
On Top of Your Matter – 1Million + Views (Released March 2014)
Jaiye Jaiye – Approaching 4Million Views (Released October 2013)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company