RCA executives Peter Edge and Tom Corson opened 2017 with an interview with Music Business Worldwide (MBW) laying their priorities for the Sony-owned subsidiary. Top priority on their list includes the marketing and promotions of Nigerian artist Wizkid to the world, among other artists.
In relevant part, here is what MBW had to say:
“New RCA priorities in 2017 include 18-year-old Texan Khalid, All My Friends singer Tinashe, Nigerian One Dance collaborator Wizkid, hip-hop artist Goldlink and band Muna – while we can also expect new records from Bryson Tiller, Pink! and perhaps from Miley Cyrus, who’s started work on her RCA follow-up to Bangerz.”
Wizkid had a strong 2016 (his success with ‘One Dance’, winning awards, tours, and a record deal with Sony/RCA), albeit not without controversies over his health, and missed concert shows.
Interesting times ahead.
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up