RCA executives Peter Edge and Tom Corson opened 2017 with an interview with Music Business Worldwide (MBW) laying their priorities for the Sony-owned subsidiary. Top priority on their list includes the marketing and promotions of Nigerian artist Wizkid to the world, among other artists.
In relevant part, here is what MBW had to say:
“New RCA priorities in 2017 include 18-year-old Texan Khalid, All My Friends singer Tinashe, Nigerian One Dance collaborator Wizkid, hip-hop artist Goldlink and band Muna – while we can also expect new records from Bryson Tiller, Pink! and perhaps from Miley Cyrus, who’s started work on her RCA follow-up to Bangerz.”
Wizkid had a strong 2016 (his success with ‘One Dance’, winning awards, tours, and a record deal with Sony/RCA), albeit not without controversies over his health, and missed concert shows.
Interesting times ahead.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company