Days after his social media outbursts with Michael Ugwu, Ycee sheds light on his deal with Sony music through a pre-recorded interview with Raro Lae. Ycee explains that he signed a distribution deal with Sony while keeping 100% creative control. He says the process for distributing his music with Sony is lengthy and has improved his work ethic.
Watch the interview below.
“International Nigerian artist— Y.Cee is currently on his first ever U.S. tour and is killing it. American – Nigerian media correspondent, Raro Lae caught up with him and was able to get him to open up in regards to his professional career, as well as his personal life.
While on The Raro Lae Show, Y.Cee spoke about his future projects, dropping a new single (that seems to be on hold now) and the control/ freedom his Sony Deal provides him. He went on to speak about Wizkid’s success in the global market, however, he also stressed the importance of every African artist knowing their niche and creating their own wave (instead of jumping onto the “popular” wave) and not negating the 1.2 billion African market.
In addition to music, Y.Cee spoke of his rise to fame and experiencing it first hand while studying Marine Biology at the University of Lagos. He went on to speak about his professional/personal relationship with Falz and it is everything but — Something light.”
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company