Award-winning singer and songwriter Yemi Alade joins the trio of Timi Dakolo, Patoranking, and Waje as a new coach for the Voice Nigeria. Yemi Alade replaces respected Nigerian musician, Innocent Idibia, popularly known as 2Face or Tubaba, who leaves the show to pursue other commitments.
Speaking on Alade’s addition to the panel of judges, the Director, M-Net West Africa, Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu, said: “Yemi Alade is widely recognized as one of Nigeria’s biggest musical exports with incredible appeal across the continent and in other international markets. Not only is she an amazing vocalist, Yemi is also recognized for her energetic and entertaining performances on stage. We are thrilled to have her join The Voice and we cannot wait for the contestants and our viewers to experience her on the show.”
Since its original launch in 2010, The Voice has won audiences in countries like the United States of America, Australia, South Africa and the United Kingdom, where other renowned artists have occupied the show’s famous red chairs as coaches. In the first season, A’rese of #teamwaje emerged victorious winning the grand prize of an SUV and a recording contract with Universal Music.
Auditions for the second season of The Voice Nigeria was recently held across Nigeria in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Enugu, and preparations are ongoing for the show’s return to television.
Season 2 of The Voice Nigeria premieres, 18 June at 17:30 CAT on Africa Magic Showcase.
The Voice Nigeria is sponsored by Airtel in association with Coca Cola.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives